Saturday 11 September 2010

Day 2 in SCBU

I woke with a start at 6am. SCBU hadn't called me back so I ran round there to find her sleeping peacefully (the first time she'd done that since birth)
The nurse told me that she had given her another feed via the NG (nasal gastric) tube. I was alittle annoyed that this had happened with out my consent but seeing how peaceful Reagan was so pleasing.

More than that though she was breathing all by her self! No oxygen!! And her SATs were at 100%. It was such a relief I just burst into tears.letting her sleep because of the full tummy and allowing her use all her energy for breathing was what was needed obviously.

She was a little yellow and so they wanted to check her Billy Rubin levels for jaundice.

The children were very anxious about her and lots of tears had been shed at home so obviously they wanted to see her but she looked quite frightening because of all the tubes and wires so we were a little unsure wether or not to let them but she had now lost the oxygen tube and not long after the SATS monitor went and when the new nurse came on the morning shift she decided to get rid of the NG tube because she was now feeding so much better due to having such a good sleep I guess! So that went too and all that was left was the iv drip which could be hidden under the blanket.
So by the time the kids came to visit they could see her!

The nurse said that if her Billy Rubin levels we're OK she could come over to the ward with me!

Whilst

No comments:

Post a Comment