Thursday 16 September 2010

Cardiac follow up

Friday 10th Sept 2010

I can't believe it's been 4 months since she had her first heart scan! But it is and now she's having her follow up scan.

Col Morthey, the consultant who did the scan, asked for an update on what had happened since he last saw her.
He said he would probably refer her to a cardiologist to be on the safe side but he would see how things were.

I think the long and short of it was that the original leaky valve was still the same but the other had corrected. The left side of her heart looked slighty larger but all the measurements etc were fine.

So he decided to reffer her to a cardiologist in Southampton. He said it wouldn't be urgent and the waiting list is about 2-3mths. He felt that the cardiologist would confirm what he had said.

While I was there i asked to book her in for a blood test but they said they couldn't with out a form.
So I went home and rang the haematology dept at St Georges to see about getting one. They said i could get one from my GP or failing that they would pst one to me!
So i rang Dr Salma only find she is away till next Thurs. So finally i rang our GP and the secretary put a note on her screen. A couple of hrs later they rang back to say therre was a form there waiting for me. But it was now 5pm so it would have to wait till Mon.

No comments:

Post a Comment